Ronaldo can use his pace on the wing to get around defenders or he can cut inside and shoot from distance. Speed, stamina, superb finishing coupled with his skill moves, is a recipe for disaster for your defense. Use formations that have very fast full-backs/wing-backs or a player that is very strong to out muscle Ronaldo.
- Jockey/contain Ronaldo when he attempts to cross the ball.
- When chasing on the wing, try to cover the cross or him cutting in to shoot [don’t try to run him down]
- Zonal marking is necessary
- having lots of FIFA 15 Coins with enough time to play
Though a natural winger, Ronaldo is even more dangerous as a striker. He is fast, has excellent vision and can finish any of his opportunities. Your ability to disrupt the midfield passing-game is the most important factor in keeping Ronaldo off the scoresheet.
- Use a formation with one or two center defensive midfielders
- Due to his speed, you need to be able to anticipate through balls or chips – zonal marking
- Ronaldo is excellent in the air so do your best to cut out the cross, if not, try to push him out the way OR call the keeper out (ONLY if you are sure he will catch it or knock it out)
How to defend effectively:
- Use the right stick to change players faster
- Be wary of skill moves
- Risk fouls when counter-attacks are possible
- Be patient! Don’t rush into tackles (try to have midfielders do more of the work when possible)
- Don’t get a red card with a silly challenge